Customizing the Thumbnail Frame, Prev/Next Nav Buttons, and Thumbnail Dimensions Status:

Home Forums Thumbnail Scroller (WP NextGEN Gallery Template) Customizing the Thumbnail Frame, Prev/Next Nav Buttons, and Thumbnail Dimensions

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 47 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marian 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 48 posts - 1 through 48 (of 48 total)

• We had a prior exchange at the Envato Comments section, and you asked me to post this question to the support forum:

How do I change the thumbnail frame in the CSS? I have an image I would like to use as the frame for each thumbnail.

I’ve run into a couple of other questions while setting up the thumbnail gallery:

1) How do I customize the Prev/Next nav buttons with my own images? I thought there was supposed to be some sort of customizer panel to allow for tweaks like this, but I’m not seeing anything like this in my gallery options.

2) I have set the Thumbnail dimensions to 130 x 71 (forced override) in multiple setting locations, and the images I uploaded match those dimensions, but the thumbnail gallery is displaying them as square. Any idea what might be going on?

If you would like the url for the development website, I can send that to you privately. Please let me know where I should direct that if so.

Thank you!

Melissa :-)

Marian Support Team #30016

Hello

Please send us a demo link to explain directly for your website.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

This reply content has been deleted.

This is an automatic action, which occurs after a week, if the user provided sensitive information in a private reply.

Marian Support Team #30021

Hello

1 ) You can do it in 2 ways :

a ) wp-admin -> Thumbnail Gallery – > Click on pen icon ( beside galleries list, near plus – add gallery icon ) -> go in Thumbnails Navigation Styles & Settings section and change : Thumbnails Navigation Previous Button Image , Thumbnails Navigation Previous Button Hover Image, Thumbnails Navigation Next Button Image, Thumbnails Navigation Next Button Hover Image.
    This method applies for all new created galleries. ( not applied for existing galleries )

b ) wp-admin -> Thumbnail Gallery – > Select your gallery -> select pen icon ( near add image button ) -> go in Thumbnails Navigation Styles & Settings section and change : Thumbnails Navigation Previous Button Image , Thumbnails Navigation Previous Button Hover Image, Thumbnails Navigation Next Button Image, Thumbnails Navigation Next Button Hover Image.
    This method applies only for selected gallery.

2 ) You can make it in 2 ways ( like point 1 ) but in section Styles & Settings for a Thumbnail

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Aha! That confirms my suspicions that I’m missing the Thumbnail Gallery option panel as there is no Thumbnail Gallery listing in the WP menu (only NGG Custom Fields and Gallery).

I followed your instructions for installing the template, and I do have the option of choosing the Thumbnail Gallery templates from the dropdown in the Gallery settings. The thumbnail gallery is also displaying on my page, so everything *appears* to be working. However, I don’t seem to have access to the Thumnbail Gallery options in the admin panel.

Any ideas on why this may not be functioning?

Thanks, again!

m. :-)

Marian Support Team #30070

Hello

Sorry. My mistake … You don’t use Thumbnail Gallery. So you need to modify directly in css file.
    Open wordpress/wp-content/themes/your_theme/nggalery/assests/gui/css/jquery.dop.NextGENThumbnailScroller.css file

1 ) Find /* Thumbnails Navigation */ section and modify as you wish.
    2 ) Find /* Thumbnails */ section and modify as you wish.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Marian.

This is an automatic action, which occurs after a week, if the user provided sensitive information in a private reply.

Any thoughts on my last batch of questions? Most critical is getting the hyperlinks working again …

Thanks!

Marian Support Team #30361

Hello

Please send us your ftp info ( as private reply ) to fix your problems.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Marian Support Team #30413

Hello

Please send us your ftp credentials ( as private reply ).

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Marian Support Team #30612

Hello

I need also your wp-admin info to fix your problem. Please send it as private reply.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Marian Support Team #30650

Marian Support Team #30788

Hello

Do you use a cdn server or cache plugin ? ( i ask you because i see that all javascript changes are not applied. )

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Marian Support Team #30800

Hello

Please disable 1, 2, 3 and tell us when i can continue.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Done! Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again!

Any progress on this? I’m hoping to get the website wrapped up this weekend as we need to present it to the client next week. The thumbnail gallery is the primary hangup at this point. Let me know if you need me to tweak any more settings or anything else.

Thanks so much, Marian!

Just wanted to let you know I applied plugin and theme updates on the off-chance that it might help. Please let me know if there’s anything else you need me to do to proceed.

Thank you, Marian!

Marian Support Team #31016

Hello

I’ve tried to make your changes but are not applied.So i will tell you how to do it.

First of all you must add your css propeties in different way ( not in css ). You must add all css propeties directly in our plugin settings.

1 You must comment all css added by you.

2 You must open /public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder-Madison-Child/nggallery/gallery-dop-thumbnail-scroller.php file and edit css propeties from line 54 – 150. ( for example for your previous arrow you must edit lines : 88, 89, 91 )

3 You must proceed the same for /public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder-Madison/nggallery/gallery-dop-thumbnail-scroller.php file.

4 If you need to add some css properties which not exist in our settings list you can added directly css ( like you did before ) , but never add paddings , margins , width directly in css files.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Marian Support Team #31207

Hello

Can i disable your current theme and enable a default theme from wordpress to make some tests ?

Best Regards,
    Support Team

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Marian.

Sure. I’ll avoid working in there for the next couple of hours. Please let me know when you’re done and it’s safe for me to go back in.

Thanks!!

You can use Twenty-Fourteen for testing since that’s the only WP default theme in there right now.

I won’t have time to work on the website until late tonight, so just keep me posted and let me know when you’re ready to pass the baton back to me. (Don’t worry about the broken image slider—I’ll add the shortcode back for that once it’s back in my court.)

Thanks, Marian!

Marian Support Team #31343

Hello

I’m afraid you have a cache plugin or a cdn server because i’ve made some changes yesterday and is applied today. Please disable it and tell me after.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Marian Support Team #31373

Hello

Yes. I did. Now all you have to do is to restore all original css settings, open your /public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder-Madison-Child/nggallery/gallery-dop-thumbnail-scroller.php.php file and add all css settings here. ( @54 – @150 lines ) Then will be working perfectly.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

I GOT IT!!! I think it’s finally there.

Thank you so much for your tireless assistance along the way, Marian!!

Marian Support Team #31663

Hello

Glad i could help to you. If you like our item and support please don’t forget to give us 5 stars on Codecanyon ( http://codecanyon.net/downloads )

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Done!

Marian Support Team #31809

Hello

Thanks for your rating.
    If you have any problem please contact us again.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Viewing 48 posts - 1 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic Customizing the Thumbnail Frame, Prev/Next Nav Buttons, and Thumbnail Dimensions is closed to new replies.