Different seasonal prices with discount and rules Status:

Home Forums Booking System PRO (WordPress Plugin) Different seasonal prices with discount and rules

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sabina 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi,

I have searched the forum about this topic and learned that I can set up different prices for different seasonal times with discounts. I am still not sure what is the best way to set up the discounts with rules to make the example below work.

EXAMPLE – Calendar for a room with the following price structure:

High season (Dec 1st 2015 – April 15th 2016) – $100 per night for 1 to 3 nights, $80 per night for 4 or more nights.
    Low season (April 16th – October 15th 2016) – $60 per night for 1 to 3 nights, $50 per night for 4 or more nights.
    Mid season (October 16th – November 30th 2016) – $80 per night for 1 to 3 nights, $60 per night for 4 or more nights.

How would you go about it? What discount & rule structure do you suggest? Please be specific. Thank you!

JB

Sabina Support Team #64421

Hello,

You can define the dates for each price:
    High season (Dec 1st 2015 – April 15th 2016) – $100 per night
    Low season (April 16th – October 15th 2016) – $60 per night
    etc
    But it’s not possible to define specific dates and set prices like this:
    $100 per night for 1 to 3 nights, $80 per night for 4 or more nights.

I am sorry for the late answer, I was away.
    Best Regards,
    Support Team

Oh, this really complicates things for us. :/ Not sure if we can use the plugin at all without this options combined. Otherwise it’s a great plugin.

1. Do you have any suggestions or ideas how to work around it? Maybe with setting up several calendars for the same item etc.?
    2. Can this be included in near future updates?

Thanks!

Have a great 2016!

JB

Sabina Support Team #64613

1. There is no work around at the moment for overriding availability.

2. We have this functionality in our to do list for a future update.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

JB, a suggestion what you could do: Create an extra rule that calculates a discount. For example: “Do you book for more than 3 days? 20% discount!”. If people select this option they get the discount. That’s how I solved it.

Hi Gerson,
    thank you for your suggestion! I have been trying to solve it with the rules, but it seems I can’t have both – lower price in mid and low season and 4+ days discount. Or am I missing something?

This is how it is set up:
    1. I set the availability of the calendar for the whole year with the highest price.
    2. Then I created an assigned a discount with the rules each one addressing a certain time period (low or mid season) and certain discount for this time period. I left the main discount fields (above the rules) untouched. That is the only place I can add time lapse, but if I add it there it affects the rules . For example: with the time lapse 4 in main discount settings, the low or mid season discount rules apply only for booking 4+ days, which is not ok. I don’t want the discounts to be connected at all. I need the 4+days discount to be applied regardless of the rules for seasonal discounts.

So for booking in mid or low season, you should get let’s say 20% discount for booking 4+ days on top of the discount you’re already getting with the mid or low season discount. If you book 4+ days in high season, you only get a 20% discount.

Or did you have something else in mind? I hope I explained it well. :) Thanks again!

Hi JB, there is also an “extra” option in your WP Booking System Pro admin. Here you can add things to let people book extra, like “extra bed” or breakfast or something. You can put a value to such an option, a percentage or a fixed amount (not only + but also -), so you could also use it to add the option “Yes, I book more than 3 days and get 20% off instantly!”. If people select this option they get the discount instantly. Just put -20% in the field. The only thing is that people have to click this option themselves to get the discount. But I don’t care. It convinces people when they book that if they stay a bit longer they receive a better deal. Exactly what you want. Good luck!

Sabina Support Team #64858

Please write if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic Different seasonal prices with discount and rules is closed to new replies.