Gallery extremely slow with largish number of images (200) Status:

Home Forums Thumbnail Gallery (WP NextGEN Gallery Template) Gallery extremely slow with largish number of images (200)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oana 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have got this working nicely and am happy with it except that when I use it on my main gallery I need to show, which has 200 or so images, it becomes extremely slow to load, and the thumbnail progression bar (with arrows) is poorly responsive. It could be that this is a problem with the underlying nextgen gallery and not something you have control over, but I may need to find another solution altogether. It is so bad that in IE it can actually cause the browser to totally seize up for many minutes or crash completely. You can see it here: http://www.edinburghphotosalon.org/previous-salons/2013-results/. Do you have any suggestion on how to get this working better?

Oana Support Team #9668

Hello,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any suggestion to help, or to run faster because the gallery created is large (200 images).
    One solution could be: try to separate the images in two galleries.

Have a nice day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic Gallery extremely slow with largish number of images (200) is closed to new replies.