How Does A User Book? Status:

Home Forums Booking Calendar PRO (jQuery Plugin) How Does A User Book?

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ovidiu 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I just purchased Booking Calendar Pro so my clients clients can book available time. I must be missing something because the front end calendar displays the calendar and available time slots, however there is no way I can see that they can click on an available block and book it. The scripts title is Booking Calendar, but if someone can’t book a time slot, how is it a “Booking Calendar”?

Oana Support Team #9643

Hello,

I’m sorry for the late response. Please send us a link.

Thank you.

I can’t send you a link because this was for a client, and I couldn’t wait for your reply so I ended up purchasing another script that did what I needed. If however you go to your own demo, the admin calendar works but the public calendar, other than being able to see it, has no functions. I thought that maybe functions were disabled since it was a demo, which is why I went ahead and bought the script… that will teach me not to assume!

Oana Support Team #9714

Hello,

Sorry for the disagreements, but I was caught up with other urgent problems, that’s why I’m late with the answer. If in the future you have any further questions, please contact us.

Thank you for your understanding and we wish you a wonderful day.

I paid for the script and it doesn’t work, so the question is, how do I make the user calendar work, or is it only possible for the admin to enter booking information? It kind of makes the calendar useless if a user can’t book an available slot.

Ovidiu Support Team #9843

Hi,

Please read the documentation on how to create the frontend calendar for users to book.

I’ve spent the last 45 minutes going through your documentation, it is quite cryptic and missing much information. If a person wasn’t a coder and or familiar with PHP, JavaScript… which I am, installing this calendar would be impossible.

You reference the database with an example…

$(‘#backend’).DOPBackendBookingCalendarPRO({
    ‘ID': 1,
    ‘DataURL': ‘dopbcp/php-database/load.php’,
    ‘SaveURL': ‘dopbcp/php-database/save.php’
    });

But you do not include any reference to MYSQL or the tables and fields required within a database, nor do you include an .sql file to import into a database. There is an opendb.php file in the php-database folder where DB info can be inserted, but this file is not referenced anywhere in the documentation; I only found it because I went through the directory/file structure.

There is a folder named php-file containing the data and save url files “load” and “save” as referenced above; and I am assuming that to save the data to a file on the server, even though it is not documented, the code would be edited as shown below…

$(‘#backend’).DOPBackendBookingCalendarPRO({
    ‘ID': 1,
    ‘DataURL': ‘dopbcp/php-file/load.php’,
    ‘SaveURL': ‘dopbcp/php-file/save.php’
    });

I realize that you only charge $6 for this script, so I guess I got what I paid for; however the script I purchased after yours ($9), within 15 minutes I downloaded, created the database, imported the date, configured, uploaded and had a fully functional calendar ready for the client to use.

Ovidiu Support Team #10031

Hi,

The plugin will have a major upgrade in the future that will make it easier to use. Thank you for your feedback and we will take into consideration.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic How Does A User Book? is closed to new replies.