Loading times and mobile images Status:

Home Forums Thumbnail Gallery (WordPress Plugin) Loading times and mobile images

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DoodleIT 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi,

I have a few questions / problems. (Do I need to make a new topic for each?)

1. Our client has reported that the gallery is loading slowly especially on a mobile. We have reduced the image size and dpi to help but the loading is still slow.
    Can anything be done to improve this?

2. When the swipe navigation is active on mobiles, you can’t scroll up or down if your finger touches the image. Can this be made to allow swiping between images as well as scrolling up and down the page?

3. My other concern is when viewing the gallery on a mobile the main image is cut off both at the top and bottom.
    Can this be got around?

Many thanks for your continued support,
    Anthony

Marian Support Team #55311

Hello

We recommend to install a cache plugin or use https://www.cloudflare.com/ to increase your website speed.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Hi Marian,

Thanks for your reply but only answers 1 of my 3 questions. Should I open a new ticket for each?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Marian Support Team #55682

Hello

Please send us your wp-admin & ftp info ( as private reply ) to see and fix also 2 and 3.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

This reply content has been deleted.

This is an automatic action, which occurs after a week, if the user provided sensitive information in a private reply.

This reply content has been deleted.

This is an automatic action, which occurs after a week, if the user provided sensitive information in a private reply.

Hi Marian,

Can I please have a response / update? It’s now been 5 days 15 hours since I sent you ftp access.
    We really need this sorted out or at least an update.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Marian Support Team #56347

Hello

Sorry for delay.
    Please send us also your gallery link.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Hello Marian,

Here is the link, http://www.aqhomes.uk/the-wheel-house/

Thank you,
    Anthony

Marian Support Team #56952

Hello

I’ve checked 2 & 3 points and everything is working perfect.
    Please clear your browser cache and try again.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Hi Marian,

Cache cleared and refreshed page but when swipe navigation is enabled you cannot scroll up or down if your finger is on the gallery image. So for example if the image takes up the full screen you can no longer scroll up or down the page.

I hope this can be fixed as restricting mobile users to the navigation buttons only is not user friendly.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Marian Support Team #57306

Hello

Please disable swipe , clear your browser and check again.

Best Regards,
    Support Team

Hi Marian,

I’ve done this however I am wanting the swipe navigation to be enabled and still be able to scroll down the page, otherwise this is not mobile friendly.
    Unless there’s a big misunderstanding I feel this isn’t possible with your plugin.

Thanks for your help anyway,
    Anthony

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic Loading times and mobile images is closed to new replies.