Thumbnail Scroller appearing incorrectly positioned in layout some browsers Status:

Home Forums Thumbnail Scroller (WordPress Plugin) Thumbnail Scroller appearing incorrectly positioned in layout some browsers

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oana 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi

Our site is waywithwords.net. On the home page we inserted a thumbnail scroller displaying some of our clients at the bottom above the footer.

It appears correctly positioned on the following browsers:

Chrome 11
    Safari 5.1.7
    IE 8
    IE 11

However, it displays incorrectly (appears to the side on our header banner and pushes the whole site skew) when using

Mozilla Firefox 27

Please can you check and confirm what we can do in this case (and perhaps for a few other browsers we might not have checked) so that the thumbnail scroller is not misplaced in the layout?

Thanks
    Adam

Oana Support Team #11015

Hello,

Please send us the admin login info in a private reply.

Thank you.

This reply content has been deleted.

This is an automatic action, which occurs after a week, if the user provided sensitive information in a private reply.

Oana Support Team #11036

Hello,

Please send us the admin info on the forum by marking the “Set as private reply”. Just as you do now.

Thank you.

This is an automatic action, which occurs after a week, if the user provided sensitive information in a private reply.

Hi Oana

Are you ablee to get in and look?

Thanks
    Adam

Hi

Is there an update on this?

Many thnaks
    Adam

Oana Support Team #11113

Hello,

This problem appear when a tag in not close. Please check.

Thank you.

Hi Oana

I just checked and while the space for the banner now appears below the three columns on the HOME page, the scroller does not display at all on any browsers.

Can you double check this and also just explain to us what tag was missing so we can be aware next time?

Thanks
    Adam

Please note the same banner code is set up to appear on the page: Services > Voice Recognition (VRT) at the bottom.

I notice you have removed the shortcode from the home page.

Await your solution and advise what was wrong with the installation?

Thanks

Oana Support Team #11136

Hello,

The problem does not occur in the installation mode. To the file style.css, you just added to the header, banner, etc float: left; and for this reason Thumbnail Scroller appear in the top right of the page.
    Please check.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Oana.

Oana

Just noticed our header space between our menu and banner page is bigger – which means there is some code changed in there forcing more space between menu text and graphic banner. May I ask where exactly on the CSS did you make the change?

Thanks
    Adam

Oana Support Team #11157

Hello Adam,

I change the code a bit to header, banner and article. I don’t deleted anything, just I commented the line, you can see this.
    Yes, it’s true the space between menu and header is bigger because of this:

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Marius.

ok, its never easy sorting these problems out, so please bear with me.

1. The problem only appears in Forefox and not other browsers. Why is this the case?

2. You state you had to close a tag: “This problem appear when a tag in not close. Please check.”.
    What tag is this? On what page?

3. You state then: “I change the code a bit to header, banner and article.”

Where in the style.css fields did you do these changes as there are a number of similar fields covering header, banner and article.

The developer here deactivated your plugin and reinstalled the original css before your changes were made because a number of sections went missing (On our ABOUT oage the whole section on “Meet the Team” dissappeared after your changes) or some pictures appeared differently. As the web site is now back to normal and missing page sections that occured after your changes are now back I have again reactivated the thumbnail scroller again and the scrolling thumbnail banner can be again seein on SERVICES > VOICE RECOGNITION (VRT) page.

Please can you send me the above answers and I want to try see if I can follow what changes you made in the previous file step by step. Also why does your banner appear fine in all the browsers except Firecfox for this (if you perhaps know).

Many thanks for your patience!

Adam

Oana Support Team #12010

Hello,

I’m sorry for the late response. This is how it works FireFox. The only changes I made were done in style.css, which actually I commented to the header, slider and article “float: left;”. Other changes I have not made, nor I deleted nothing. Please check again.

Thank you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic Thumbnail Scroller appearing incorrectly positioned in layout some browsers is closed to new replies.